Debt Relief Lawyer in Tucson, Arizona
A Compassionate Attorney Helping Set Your Finances Straight
We focus on advising and guiding clients through the process of resolving financial stress. If you are considering filing for bankruptcy to get rid of your bad debt, or want to discuss other debt relief options, attorney Ross Meiners will work with you personally throughout the entirety of your case.
Although it is a good option for many, bankruptcy is not the best option for everyone–the best solutions for your financial situation are based on your unique circumstances.
Get Your Finances Where You Want Them to Be
Meiners Law Office recognizes the variety of reasons pushing people into debt situations. Whether you are facing financial problems because of divorce, foreclosure, lawsuits, loss of work, medical problems, back taxes or other reasons, we want to help you get your finances straight. When you meet with Attorney Ross Meiners, he will carefully analyze your debt relief options and help you determine what is right for you. Some of these debt options include:
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy– This approximate six month case will help you get rid of your unsecured debt and discharge liability on secured debts. If you have a lot of outstanding credit card debt, medical bills, lawsuits, collection accounts, or other mounting bills, this option clears those debts.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy– This form of bankruptcy reorganizes debt into a three to five year repayment plan. If you are behind on your mortgage and face foreclosure, filing a Chapter 13 will allow you to keep your home. Chapter 13 cases are also usefully for dealing with particular creditors not dealt with in Chapter 7, and also allows you to remove second mortgage and HELOC loans from your house if you qualify.
- Removal of second mortgages– Combined with Chapter 13, you can avoid mortgage(s) on your home during your case. If you bought or refinanced a house during the real estate peak market from 2003-2007, you may have multiple mortgages or home equity lines of credit and owe more on your home than it is worth. If you have multiple mortgages, and your house is worth less than the balance owed on your first mortgage, you can get rid of the other mortgage on your home in Chapter 13.
Once you have determined which solution works best, attorney Meiners will help you follow through so your finances are where you need them to be now and in the long term.
In addition to discussing your debt relief options and focusing on your long term financial health, Meiners Law Office helps clients feel like a weight has been lifted from their shoulders by:
- Stopping garnishments and repossessions. If you are being harassed by creditors or your wages are or are about to be garnished, filing bankruptcy will immediately stop the creditor actions the day of the case filing.
- Resolving bad divorce decrees. If you are recently divorced and are have problems relating to a property division or other issue, Meiners Law Office can handle those particular issues with careful guidance.
- Resolving pending foreclosures. We look at all options to save your home, and any other option you may have in dealing with it and other real property you may onw.
- Negotiating redemption on auto loans. In conjunction with Chapter 7, you may be eligible to refinance or pay off your car what it is currently worth, not what you owe on the loan.
- Dealing with IRS troubles. We provide detailed tax analysis to ensure that we get the IRS and other taxing agencies off your back and discharge all old back taxes that can be discharged.
- Other debt situations you may face.
To discuss any of these matters with an experienced debt relief attorney in Tucson and for financial guidance long-term, contact Meiners Law Office by calling the office at (520) 777-2198 or contact the office online.